re-educating myself in some of the design history that i never retained.
Charles Peignot: Man Behind the Faces
Steven Heller
I thought that after reading "Type Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry" I would try to find a design history article. This one was quite uplifting in that the story told about Charles Peignot was about his contribution to the innovation of typefaces and to the protection of authorship and typefaces. He is a motivation to think outside the box and the social constructions that bar us from designing too different that we fear being misunderstood. I'd like to think more creatively when it comes to type and Peignot's example is a kick in the butt to do something about it.
Tuesday, October 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It would be interesting to see some of your design work again, to see how things have come along
ReplyDelete