by Jessica Helfand
[read here]
I feel like I won a million bucks reading this article at the time that I did. I found myself recently becoming obsessed with futura and though I realized this, I ended up using it for a lot of projects. I would try and use other typefaces first but none of them were as attractive to me as Paul Renner's (didn't retain this information) futura. I think if I'm about to take on a typographical route in my graphic design studies learning its history may be a beneficial idea--for my design's sake and for my sake. I definitely forget to think about the context of a lot of the things I'm designing but this article has really reminded me that knowing what you are designing and what choices you make and WHY is so fundamental.
Tuesday, October 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment